Apple Cranberry Slab Pie - 149 Calories per slice!
Pie is one of the world's greatest foods. It's comforting, sweet and filling. I adore pie. You know what I don't adore? The fat and calories. So I decided to try and do something about this and come up with a yummy apple pie that is low in calories and packed with yummy apple flavor. The result is the tasty slab pie that minimizes the crust and maximizes the apples. I also added chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to spice things up. The best part: one large slice of this pie has ONLY 149 CALORIES! Bring on Thanksgiving...
Get the full recipe at: Gen Y Foodie
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup COLD water, divided
- 4 large apples, washed, cored and cut into 1/2″ wide slices
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey or agave nectar
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil