Baked Coconut Cream French Toast
The coconut topping adds crunch to this creamy French toast delight! Best of all, it’s ready in under 15 minutes.
* 2 whole eggs
* 2 slices of bread – I used Udi’s
* 1/4 cup lite coconut milk
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon + more for sprinkling
* 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* pinch ground stevia leaf
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon and stevia. Whip with a fork until fully combined.
- Dunk 1 slice of bread in the mixture, place on the prepared cookie sheet, top with half of the shredded coconut and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat for the second slice.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until egg has set.
- Remove from oven and serve with toppings.
Makes 2 slices of French toast or 2 servings.
Nutrition stats [1 slice]: calories 249; fat 16g; carbohydrates 20g; dietary fiber 3.4g; sugars 6.5g; protein 11g
- Breakfast/Brunch, French Toast