Beginner Pineapple Upside Down Cake
3 cans (8 oz. each) pineapple slices in juice, undrained
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
6 maraschino cherries, halved
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 envelope whipped topping mix
1 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 Tbsp. of the juice; set aside.
- Mix brown sugar and butter in 13x9-inch baking pan. Arrange pineapple slices in pan, cutting slices if necessary to evenly fit onto bottom of pan. Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of each slice. Sprinkle with the reserved pineapple juice and pecans.
- Beat dry cake mix, dry whipped topping mix, eggs and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Carefully spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Let stand 10 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Let stand 1 minute; remove pan. Serve warm or cooled.
- Desserts, Cake
- North American