5 oz can chow mein noodles (available in the ethnic aisle of most supermarkets)
11 oz package butterscotch morsels
8 oz package Heath baking bits, OR 6 chopped Heath bars
- a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the butterscotch chips until melted- about 3 minutes on 50% power should do the trick, but stir after every minute.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chow mein noodles and Heath bits. Pour in the melted butterscotch and use a rubber spatula to stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Working quickly, use a soup spoon to drop “stacks” of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Try to push in the edges so that no noodles stick out too far.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until the haystacks are solid. Store in an airtight container.