Cheddar and Bacon Biscuits
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
8 tbs/1 stick cold, unsalted butter
1 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
6 slices bacon, finely chopped and fried until crisp
1 1/2 cups milk
1. Position rack in lower third of oven. Preheat to 400 degrees F. Spray biscuit pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until it all looks like coarse meal. Add cheese, chives, bacon. Using a fork, stir everything until mixed well.
4. Add milk. Using a rubber spatula, stir until combined.
5. Divide batter among your biscuit pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Test with a toothpick to make sure they're cooked through.
6. Let cool on a wire rack. Remove biscuits and Voila! A decadent and yummy treat.