Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Rainbow Soup
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
One 16-oz. package frozen corn kernels, thawed
One 16-oz. jar roasted red peppers, undrained
1/2 cup salad croutons, plus more for garnish
1 tsp. ground cumin
Two 14-ounce cans chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In each of 2 medium saucepans, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat.
- Add half of the onion and garlic to each pan and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the corn to one pan, and add the roasted red peppers with their brine along with the croutons and cumin to the other pan.
- Add 1 can chicken broth to each pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer both soups, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Stir the sour cream into the corn soup.
- Using a hand blender, puree each soup in its pan; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season the pepper soup with hot sauce to taste.
- To serve, using two measuring cups, pour the soups simultaneously into opposite sides of each bowl; top with croutons.
- Other, Soups/Stews