Creamy Zucchini Boats
1 cup tightly packed basil leaves
1/4 cup loosely packed parsley
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup (4 oz.) fat free ricotta cheese
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Wash each zucchini thoroughly. Cut off the ends and then cut each one in half. Then cut each half lengthwise so you have 12 pieces of zucchini total.
- With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and compost them, or use them to make soup broth. Place the zucchini boats on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Now you're ready to make the filling. Chop the basil and the parsley and place it in a bowl with the garlic, grated carrot, ricotta, Parmesan, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix it thoroughly.
- Now fill each boat with the creamy mixture, pressing it down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American