Cucumber, Radish, Chick Pea, and Parsley Salad with Creamy Feta & White Wine Vinegar Dressing
Did you know radish greens are edible? Check out this refreshing (and detoxing) ZERO WASTE radish, chick pea, and cucumber salad that's a complete meal. No oven required!
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes
* good source of fiber
- 2 medium cucumbers *
- Bunch of radishes (~12-15 or so), including greens *
- 1 cup chick peas
- ½ cup dandelion greens, chopped (optional) *
- ½ cup + ¼ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves – stems removed
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. buttermilk or half & half
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut ends off cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into half-moon slices about ¼ inch thick. Wash radishes and trim ends, and set aside greens. Cut in half lengthwise and cut into half-moon slices just slightly thinner than cucumbers. Stem radish greens and roughly chop. Place cucumbers, radishes, radish greens, dandelion greens (if using) and parsley into a large bowl.
2. Place ½ cup crumbled feta into a bowl. Add white wine vinegar and mash slightly with a fork – leave it a little chunky. Stir in olive oil and buttermilk/half & half.
3. Stir the dressing into the salad. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve with the extra ¼ cup crumbled feta sprinkled over the salad.
For this and other fiberlicious recipes, visit www.fortheloveoffiber.com.
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat:11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
- Sodium: 588 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 19 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Protein: 9 g