Gluten-free 3 Ingredient Pancakes
Confession: These pancakes were made completely on a whim. I took a huge risk in trying this recipe that I more or less pulled out of thin air.
Ok well, maybe it wasn’t that spontaneous. It started when I saw Savannah’s Protein Pancake Recipe Preview on Instagram.
She posted this photo and wrote that she’d later post the recipe on her site. Well, you know me. When I’m hungry, I can’t wait for my food. So even though I didn’t know if she used any other ingredients or if there were any special directions needed to make them, I took matters into my own hands and risked wasting an egg, some oats, and a banana for the sake of making pancakes, having no idea whether or not they would come out OK.Turns out this was a risk totally worth taking. These pancakes ended up coming out way more than just OK. They’re fluffy, sweet, and moist just like pancakes from a pancake mix box but without all of the gross added ingredients that come along with the prepacked powder stuff.Not to mention, could it really get any easier than mixing together an egg, a banana, and some flour to make a few pancakes? Nope, don’t think so. You know my motto, the simpler the recipe, the better. And with that being the case, this recipe is one of the best.
1/2 cup oat flour (if you want truly gluten-free pancakes make sure you use oat flour that is certified GF)
1 ripe banana, mashed
1. In a medium-sized bowl, stir the mashed banana and egg until well mixed.
2. Gradually add the flour while stirring continually until a thick batter forms.
3. Grease a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter and place over low heat.
4. Add two “scoops” (I was using a household tablespoon for my scoops) of batter to the pan at a time. Heat for 45-seconds to 1 minute then flip. (The trick to not overcooking these is to cook them over low heat and to flip them quickly. They burn very fast! I recommend cooking one pancake at a time.)
5. Serve with maple syrup, sliced banana, or any other toppings you prefer!
Makes 4 medium-sized pancakes with 103 calories, 2.5 g fat, 16.5 g carbs, and 4.4 g protein per pancake.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles