Beginner Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
4-1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
1 cup sliced carrot (2 medium)
1 cup sliced celery (2 stalks)
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
1-1/2 cups dried medium egg noodles
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- In a 3-quart saucepan combine broth, onion, carrot, celery, basil, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked noodles. Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender but still firm and vegetables are just tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in chicken; heat through.
Makes 4 main dish servings.
- Soups/Stews, Pasta/Noodle
- North American