Easy, elegant onion tart
It’s so good! Perfect with a simple salad.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 1/2 pounds onion, sliced
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
* 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
* 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
* 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese (I used Mozzarella because it’s what I had)
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
It’s a lot of onions! Using a mandoline made slicing this many onions go very quickly. Otherwise, it might take you awhile.
They are getting steamy!
3. Roll dough out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle feta cheese in center, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border; top with onion.
Sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Fold piecrust border up and over onion mixture, pleating as you go, leaving a 6-inch-wide opening. Combine egg and 2 tablespoons water; brush over dough. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Other, Appetizers