8 large eggs
3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 cups watercress, thick stems removed
8 thin slices (1 ounce each) whole-grain bread
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside.
- Cover eggs with 1 inch of cold water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover, and let stand 11 to 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to ice-water bath; let stand 2 minutes.
- Peel eggs; cut in half, and remove yolks. Crumble 2 yolks, and set aside; discard remaining yolks.
- Finely chop egg whites, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add crumbled egg yolks.
- Whisk together ricotta, yogurt, mustard, chives, and salt in a small bowl; season with pepper.
- Add to egg mixture, and gently stir to combine.
- Arrange egg salad, then watercress, over 4 slices of bread, dividing evenly. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Sandwiches, Main Dishes
- North American