Endive Boats Filled With Mediterranean Chickpea Salad from Trader Joes
This super easy, colorful & fresh appetizer will be the hit of any summer gathering. Imagine creamy hummus mixed with savory herbs, spices and chickpeas served chilled in crunchy endive "boats." Arrange on a nice decorative plate and watch eyes pop - "ooohhhh what is that?" Go ahead and tell them that these beauties take 10 minutes to make out of 4 Trader Joe's ready-made ingredients. You'll be known as a creative genius.
This recipe comes from The Ultimate Guide to Trader Joe's.
Endive Boats Filled With Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
• 1 tub Trader Joe’s Balela
• 1 tub Trader Joe’s Mediterranean (or other flavored) Hummus
• 1 tub Trader Joe’s Tabbouli
• 2 packages endives (come in red & green)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the balela and the tabbouli.
2. Cut the bottoms of each head of endive and separate the leaves.
3. Spread a small amount of hummus at the bottom of each endive “boat” and top with a spoonful of the chickpea salad mix.
4. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
The Unofficial Guide to Trader Joe's is a cookbook, magazine & product reference guide all rolled into one glossy, full-color pocket guide. Think of it as Trader Joes' Fearless Flyer on crack, but so much more. Click here to see a few sample pages and order your own copy >>