Finnish Pancakes with Strawberries and Cream
These thin dessert pancakes are the only thing my husband knows how to make and he makes them really well. We usually top ours with strawberries, good quality vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
300 ml or 1 1/4 cup milk
200 ml or 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. melted butter
A pinch of salt
50 ml or 3 tbsp. sugar
Butter or oil for frying
Good quality vanilla ice cream
Fresh strawberries (I sliced them and sprinkled homemade vanilla sugar over them and let stand for a while.)
But you can use anything you like.
1. Pour the milk into a bowl. Add the flour and salt (and sugar if desired) and mix until smooth.
2. Blend in the eggs and cooled melted butter.
3. Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan and pour in some of the batter. Cook until the pancake is set and the bottom golden brown.
4. Flip the pancake and cook the other side.
5. Put your toppings on and serve.