Ever have that ever elusive can of Fruit Cocktail around the house and don't want to waste it. Well here is an easy recipe I have found that is absolutely delicious. I put my can of fruitcocktail in the blender to make smooth because my kids do not like to eat anything with chunks in it...hee hee!
FRUIT COCKTAIL CAKE (Double Recipe for a 13X9 Pan)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x9 inch square baking pan.
2. Combine the flour, white sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla and undrained fruit cocktail (PLS NOTE: I PUT MY FRUITCOCKTAIL IN THE BLENDER SO MAKE SMOOTH SO NO CHUNKS...MY KIDS HATE.). Mix until blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the brown sugar.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- Desserts, Cake