Ginger Peanut Pasta Salad
8 oz. corkscrew macaroni or fine noodles
20 fresh pea pods (tips and stems removed)
1 small cucumber (quartered lengthwise and sliced)
2 medium carrots (cut into long thin strips)
1 medium yellow and/or green sweet pepper (cut into thin strips)
3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes (optional)
1/2 cup bias-sliced green onions
3 Tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
1 recipe Ginger Salad dressing (below)
1/3 cup chopped peanuts
Ginger Salad Dressing Ingredients:
1/4 cup salad oil
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger root
several dashes hot pepper sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- During last 30 seconds, add pea pods.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Combine pasta and veggies. Add Ginger Salad dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill for 2-8 hours.
- To serve, toss salad and sprinkle w/ peanuts.
- For dressing: Combine ingredients in a jar. Cover and shake. Can chill up to 3 days.