Grilled Chicken and Bean salad
This is a really healthy recipe. My husband and I both saw it in one of his fitness magazines and we each went and bought all the ingredients to make this without talking about it first. HAhaha. But we've made it before and it's a really nice side dish for a BBQ. It's light and healthy and perfect for spring and summer.
- 1 can whole green beans (16 oz.) drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz.) drained
- 1 can kidney beans (15 oz.) drained
- 2 grilled chicken breasts (8 oz. each), chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn (12 oz.) drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat free French salad dressing
Rinse the beans with cold water in a colander and then drain thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, onion and beans. Add salad dressing and toss to combine. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight. Salad lasts 2-3 days when refrigerated. Makes 8 servings.
*And it's even better as a leftover!
- Salads, Side Dishes