HOW TO HELP:
- The American Red Cross has opened dozens of emergency shelters for families affected by the severe storms. You can donate online or by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. To quickly contribute10, you can text "REDCROSS" to 90999.
- Samaritan's Purse is sending teams of volunteers to hard-hit areas in Alabama to offer assistance. Supporters can donate online to help the organization provide aid.
- The Salvation Army has deployed mobile feeding units to tornado-affected communities to provide meals to people in need. You can designate your online donation go to "April 2011 Tornado Outbreak" relief. Funds can also be given over the phone by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY or texting "GIVE" to 80888 (for a10 donation).
- Governor of Alabama Robert Bentley's office is accepting donations for church and community relief efforts in the wake of the massive storms. Supporters can contribute by credit card or check.
- United Way West Alabama is taking online donations and has information for victims regarding immediate shelter and food/clothing assistance as well as low income housing options for those who have lost their home.
The Tuscaloosa Community is in need of everything. Clothing, household goods (pots, pans, sheets, towels, dishes, pillows, furniture...the list is endless.) Please donate. Encourage everyone you know to donate. Encourage people you don't know to donate.