Homemade Fluffy Whole Grain Pancake Mix
This is perfect too for making a quick breakfast for a crowd. If you’re having relatives staying over for the holidays, just set up a “Make Your Own” Pancake Bar. Fill little bowls with lots of different mix-ins and let everyone choose their pancake. Bisquick might be tempting… but feed your family like you love them! These pancakes are full of whole grain goodness and no preservatives Whole Grain Pancake Mix
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soda
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
For the Finished Cooked Pancakes
- 1/2 cup plain soymilk (or regular low-fat dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt (or low fat dairy yogurt)
- 1 large egg
- To make the Mix – Grind oats in a food processor unit they’re chopped fine but not ground into a powder. Put the ground oats, flours, and remaining dry ingredients in large bowl and mix on low speed until combined. With the mixer on low, drizzle in the vegetable oil. When all the oil has been added, stop the mixer and squeeze a clump of mix in your hand. If it holds together, its done. If not – stir in 1 tablespoon of oil at a time until the mixture clumps. Store in an airtight container in the freezer indefinitely.
- To make the Pancakes – Whisk together 1 cup mix with 1/2 cup plain soy milk, 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt, and 1 egg. Let stand 15 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup, spoon batter onto griddle. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
For more recipes check out my blog at www.whippedbaking.com!