Hot Cocoa Cake
This recipe is for TeamSugar member 7kimba7 who requested that I add in some more dessert recipes! Well, I have the perfect one in mind. It's the perfect wintertime treat and great for those days you want to snuggle under a blanket with a treat in hand. And slow cooking makes for an incredibly moist and delicious dessert, just like this one! Serve with a little peppermint and yummmmmm....
Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa Cake
From Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 10 servings
Cooking Spray (Sandra Lee recommends butter-flavor)
2 cups milk
1 box (18.25 ounce) chocolate cake mix
1 1/2 cups water
3 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 box (5 ounce) chocolate cook and serve pudding mix
Chcoolate flavored syrup
1. Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan, over high heat, heat milk until almost boiling. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, and canola oil. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl.
3. Transfer batter to prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle pudding mix over cake batter. Slow pour in hot milk.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours. (Do not lift lid for first 3 hours of cooking.)
5. Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle cake with 1 cup of the marshmallows. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes to allow marshmallows to melt slightly.
6. Serve warm by scooping out cake. Top with additional marshmallows and chocolate-flavored syrup.
I gotta ask, is anyone else drooling right now?