How to use a toaster
1. Plug in your toaster
2. Get two slices of bread out of the bag.
3. Insert the slices of bread into the top slots of the toaster. (Note - each slot only should contain one slice of bread each. Do not try to force more than once slice into each slot) - That's what she said
4. Set the knob to the desired number you want to toast your bread (for example 1 for very light bread and 5 for very dark).
5. Push down the toaster lever that pulls the slices of bread down into the toaster until you hear it "click"
6. Wait for your bread to pop up when it is done.
7. Remove your bread (WARNING It will be hot!!)
8. Prepare your toast for ingestion into your stomach. Some people use butter, jelly, peanut butter, etc.
Things to remember:
You may be tempted to pop the bread back up to check on each slice but doing so will only delay your bread from being toasted.
If you pull down the lever and it doesn't click, be sure to check to make sure you have the toaster plugged in.
Some people clean out the crumbs from their toaster sometimes but it isn't entirely necessary. I like to keep my in as it gives the toast a rustic taste.
If the toaster starts to smoke, two things could be happening. Your bread is burning or your toaster is on fire. Don't panic, press up[ the lever to see if your bread is burnt. If it is you will have to eat it or start over. If your toaster is on fire, then go ahead and panic.
Never put a fork down the slots of a plugged in toaster. Your hair will never be the same.
Do not butter or jelly the bread before putting it in the toaster. This will only cause a mess. I have learned from experience.