Kale and Chickpea Power Salad with a sweet tahini dressing :)
Adapted from original recipe at http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/
Kale and Chickpea Green Power Salad
4 cups kale, thinly sliced into ribbons (I used curly kale, any type will do)
1 can chickpeas / garbanzo beans
1/2 Avocado (plus extra for garnish)
Tahini Citrus and Agave dressing:
1-1 1/2 Tbsp creamy tahini,
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
2-3 tsp agave syrup
a few pinches black pepper
water to thin it out
1. Add all dressing ingredients to small bowl and whisk together.
2. Rinse your greens. Pat dry and chop.
3. Rinse beans in hot water then in cold water.
4. Dice avocado and add to greens bowl. Set aside a few slices for garnish.
5. Add your dressing to your greens bowl and toss well.
6. Fold chickpeas into the greens.
7. I placed my greens in the fridge for about thirty minutes to make the dressing nice and creamy on the greens.