Key Lime White Chocolate Chippers
Found on cookiemadness.net. I tried it tonight, following the recipe almost exactly, and the results were stellar!! I used the zest of a whole lime, slightly less than 1/4 cup lime juice, and added coconut into the second batch. Absolutely delicious. The lime flavor was definitely there, but not overpowering, and it was fantastic with the white chocolate chips. I'm going on a cruise for spring break in two weeks, so this "tropical" cookie got me in the mood!
1/2 cup butter — softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter, sugar, egg, egg yolk in a large bowl — blend in flour, baking powder, salt, lime juice and lime zest.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 25-30 cookies.
I was using up leftover chocolate chips from holiday baking, so that's why they are Christmas colors. It would make an elegant little cookie with higher quality white chocolate chunks. The texture is great--soft and chewy, but slightly crisp at the edges. Mine took exactly 12 minutes to bake.
- Cookies, Desserts