I made these maple-pecan cookies from a famous confectioner here in Israel and these cookies are addicting, you can't stop eating them, when you finally want to stop you find out you ate the whole jar :-)
200 grams soft butter
1/4 cup demerara sugar
2 tablespoons good maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sifted white flour
pinch of salt
200 grams pecans - minced rough
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1) Heat the oven in 170 Celsius degrees (338 Ferenheit)
2) In a stand mixer with a flat beater mix the butter, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract until you
get a creamy mixture.
3) Add the flour and salt and mix until you get a unified mixture. Add the pecans and mix briefly for a
unified scattering in the dough.
4) Roll 3 centimeters of the dough
5) Place on the cookies on spaciously on baking dish with baking paper and bake 25 minutes until the cookies
are lightly golden (also on the bottom) - they're suppose to stay pale.
6) Cool the cookies a little bit and roll the cookies in the confectioners' sugar.
7) Save the cookies in a sealed tableware in the fridge and serve cold (in tempature room they tend
- Desserts, Cookies