Nigella's Pollo Alla Cacciatorra
1 tbsp garlic oil
1/2 cup pancetta/bacon cubes
6 scallions, finely sliced
1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 lb chicken thigh fillets, each cut into 4 pieces
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 cup white wine
1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans
1. Put the garlic oil into a pan with the pancetta, sliced scallions and chopped rosemary and fry for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the bite-sized chicken pieces, stirring well, and sprinkle in the celery salt.
3. Pour in the wine and let it come to a bubble before adding the tomatoes, bay leaves and sugar.
4. Put the lid on and let the pan simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Drain and add a tin of cannellini beans and when they have warmed through too, you are ready to eat.
...and here's a video of Nigella making this dish!
- Main Dishes, Poultry