Orange Ricotta Flaxseed Pancakes
Yield: 8 servings | Prep Time: 5 min | Bake Time: 10 min
Ideal for Mother's Day brunch, these little pancakes pack a filling punch, & are oh-so fiberlish!
* = good source of fiber
- 1 ¾ cups (15oz.) ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest (from one orange), or 3 tbsp. reserved orange juice pulp *
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour *
- 1/3 cup golden flaxseed *
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, maple syrup, eggs, and orange zest/orange pulp. Whisk in flour and flaxseed until just combined.
2. Grease large nonstick skillet with virgin coconut oil or butter and heat over medium-low. Working in batches, add batter, using a scant ¼ cup for each pancake.
3. Cook until browned, four to five minutes per side.
For this and other fiberlicious recipes, visit www.fortheloveoffiber.com.
Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 472
- Total Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 547 mg
- Sodium: 307 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 34 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protein: 32 g