4 lb. large Yukon gold potatoes (about 8 or 9 potatoes), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pesto
1 lb. low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 large egg plus 3 egg whites
Salt to taste
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
8 oz. shredded part-skim or whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, and add potato slices. Stir, return to a full boil and cook 1 minute. Turn off heat, and let sit undisturbed 10 minutes, or until slices are tender but still firm. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- Mix olive oil and pesto, and pour over cooled potato slices; toss slices to coat. Mix ricotta, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place half of potatoes in baking dish. Spread ricotta mixture evenly on top, and sprinkle with half of mozzarella. Top with remaining potatoes and mozzarella.
- Bake 45 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting into serving portions.
PER SERVING: 460 CAL; 22 G PROT; 18 G TOTAL FAT ( 6 SAT. FAT) ; 51 G CARB.; 55 MG CHOL; 430 MG SOD.; 5 G FIBER; 6 G SUGARS