Raspberry-Chocolate Kiss Cocktail
1/4 cup Mint-Infused Simple Syrup, plus more for rim (recipe below)
3 chocolate cookies, finely crushed, such as Nabisco Famous Wafers
1/4 cup vodka
2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- Fill a shallow dish with enough simple syrup to just cover the bottom. Place crushed cookies into another shallow dish. Invert a martini glass into simple syrup and then immediately into crushed cookies to coat the rim of the glass.
- Place raspberries in a cocktail shaker; crush with a muddler.
- Add simple syrup and muddle again.
- Add vodka and cranberry juice; fill shaker with ice. Shake well until chilled. Strain into prepared martini glass. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 drink.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Stems from 1 bunch of fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup water, and mint stems. Place over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; let cool. Strain through a sieve. Syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Cocktails, Drinks