Seis de Mayo Sandwich
4 slices spicy artisan bread, such as chile bread
4 tablespoons guacamole
6 slices Roma tomato
4-5 slices mozzarella cheese
10 thin slices of cucumber
1 cup alfalfa or clover sprouts
2 leaves of romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place two of the bread slices on a work surface and cover with 1 tablespoon guacamole. Top each piece of bread with three tomato slices, followed by 2-3 slices of mozzarella.
- Place all four slices of bread directly on the oven rack and heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Evenly lay the cucumber slices on top of the melted cheese. Cover each with sprouts and lettuce.
- On the two remaining bread slides, spread the rest of the guacamole, then place bread guacamole side down on lettuce.
- Cut in half and serve.
Makes 2 sandwiches.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches