Risotto with Black Truffles
Black Truffle Risotto
From Wolfgang Puck
1 cup, plus 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
1 pound risotto
2 cup white wine
6 cups freshly made or store-bought chicken stock
1/2 cup truffle butter (see below)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
Freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces black truffles
- In a flat-bottom saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil.
- Add the onion and sweat until translucent. Add the risotto and make sure it is thoroughly coated with the mixture while stirring constantly.
- Add the white wine and reduce until dry.
- Add half of the chicken stock to cover the risotto, and stir constantly until the stock is gone. Repeat with the remaining stock until you have used up all of the liquid and the rice is tender but still chewy, about 20 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of truffle butter and 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
1 Tbsp. chopped black truffle
4 sticks unsalted butter
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, mix the butter and truffles for about 1 to 2 minutes.