2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1-2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup heavy cream
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Pulse the flour, rosemary, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined.
- Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- With machine running, add cream; process until dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, briefly knead dough. Divide into 4 pieces; shape into rectangles. Wrap each in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough into a very thin rectangle. (I was feeling too lazy to make rectangles and ended up with a more circular shape).
- Transfer to a baking sheet. Score the dough into 4-by-2-inch diamonds.
- Brush with egg white, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Break diamonds into individual crackers.
- Repeat with remaining dough.