Salt-Roasted Shrimp With Scampi Dip
1 4-pound box rock salt
16 uncooked unpeeled large shrimp
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled, diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Spread salt in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Arrange shrimp in single layer atop salt.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Boil wine, lemon juice, and garlic in saucepan over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add a few pieces of butter; whisk until creamy. Return pan to low heat. Add a few more pieces of butter; whisk until smooth (do not let mixture boil). Continue whisking in butter, a few pieces at a time. Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand while shrimp cook.
- Roast shrimp on salt until just opaque in center and shells are pink, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; nestle in salt.
- Seafood, Appetizers