Sephora Lesson 2 Glitter Eyes Palette
I think most of you remember when I did the Smokey Eyes Lesson 1 Tutorial.
Well, lesson 2 has been out for a while now and I bought it the minute I saw it. Now to be honest there are some great things in the palette and there are some not so great things in the palette.
As with the first palette they have a picture and text tutorial in the palette to show you how to recreate the glitter eyes from the cover. Now to be honest, I don't think you can recreate the exact cover look with this palette simply because it's not got a dark enough grey to look almost black and the glitter isn't strong enough either.
I did follow the instructions and got this eye:
That's quite different don't you think?
The pallette works this way:
1. You line your eyes with the glitter pencil (black with small specks of glitter). It's a very pretty pencil, very soft so great for smudging. Which I did do and then I lined again.
2. You smoke out your eyes with the dark grey eyeshadow.
3. You create the highlight with the light grey eyeshadow.
4. Now you have the great glitter mascara/liner gadget. It's a round mascarawand with a liner brush tip. So now you line your eyes with the glitter.
5. You use the mascara as a mascara and when it's dry you go over it with the glitter mascara and you're done.
This is a great eye for Christmas, and it does give you a nice smokey glittery eye, but don't think it will look like the cover, because it won't. Also it's very prone to smudging and running. I did use my primer potion under it and it still went into my crease in under thirty minutes. So maybe it's my oily skin because it's winter and I use a more oily cream, and it could be that it just moves very easily on the skin.
In yellow light after 10 minutes (already seeping into the lines under my eyes):
All in all, it's a 3 out of 5 for me, because if you use it differently the directed, you have a great eyeliner, a great glitter mascara and two nice grey glittery eyeshadows.