Simple Chocolate Truffles
here are some simple chocolate truffles, i made them for valentines this year and they were a hit! they'll also make great christmas goodies!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- optional - liqueurs, other flavorings
- 1 1/2 cups (dark, milk, or white) chocolate, melted (whatever you prefer to coat)
1. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla (To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange, etc) to each mixture; mix well) until no streaks remain.
2. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll into 1 inch balls (i found it easiest to use saran wrap to assist with this).
3. With a toothpick or fork, dip balls into melted chocolate, let set on wax paper. Top with nuts, candy bits, or swirl with a different chocolate.