Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy and Mushrooms
Okay, I'll admit right off the bat that this recipe isn't for me. I am not a big fan of mushrooms, but I noticed that several of you wanted to see this recipe! So I'm happy to oblige and I hope that you all who do enjoy mushrooms also enjoy this recipe!
Beef Burgundy and Mushrooms
From Pillsbury Slow Cooker Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Makes about 8 servings
4 slices bacon
2 lb beef stew meat
2 large carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 10-1/2 oz. can condensed beef broth
1/2 cup dry red wine or nonalcoholic red wine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 8-oz package (or 3 cups) sliced fresh mushrooms
1 16-oz package uncooked egg noodles
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels; crumble. In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine bacon, beef, carrots, and onion.
2. In small bowl, combine flour, marjoram, garlic powder, and pepper. With wire whisk, stir in broth, wine, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add to beef mixture in slow cooker, stir to combine.
3. Cover; cook on high setting for 1 hour.
4. Reduce heat setting to low. Cook an additional 5 to 6 hours.
5. About 30 minutes before serving, add mushrooms to beef mixture. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
6. Meanwhile, cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package. Serve beef mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.