Smoked Salmon Spread
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced
- Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix.
- Add the smoked salmon and mix well.
- Chill and serve with crostini, crudites or crackers.
If you can find it, I prefer Norwegian salmon; it's drier and less salty than other smoked salmon.
24 slices baguette french bread
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-18 minutes until the bread slices are crisp, dry, and light golden brown, turning once during baking.