Social Worker looking to transition to HR
After five years with a Master's in Social Work I am already burnt out and want to shift to Human Resources. I need help figuring out how to put my interpersonal and people management skills into more of an HR frame work. Thanks for any and all help!
To obtain a challenging position that will both utilize and strengthen the organizational, clinical and interpersonal skills acquired through diverse, demanding responsibilities, education and social work experiences.
Pregnancy Counseling and Adoption Social Worker
• Directed and coordinated the pregnancy and adoption services program while providing direct counseling and adoption services to both biological and adoptive families.
• Worked independently to increase client census from zero in 2006 to over 30 in 2007 through marketing and networking strategies.
• Developed, presented and implemented the United Way funding grant and the Pregnancy Maintaince Initiative grant to secure program funding.
• Trained, supervised and motivated three additional social workers to provide comprehensive, compassionate and competent pregnancy counseling and adoption services.
Adoption Social Worker / Therapeutic Case Manager
• Supervised the cases of at least twenty eight children in out of home placements, providing crisis intervention, assessment of placement progress and/or coordination while monitoring each child’s readiness for adoption.
• Worked independently in families’ homes, state agencies, care facilities and schools, coordinating resources to provide advocacy and counseling.
• Developed and implemented individual recruitment plans for each child, matched children with potential family resources, organized and lead staffings to select an appropriate family based on the child’s needs.
• Guided children and adoptive families through the adoption processes to include legal issues and providing emotional guidance and counseling.
• Responsible for evaluation, assessment, treatment planning, resource coordination and advocacy for five at-risk families’ with adolescents.
• Provided independent, therapeutic interventions in families’ homes, state agencies and schools up to six times per week per family.
• Responsible for 24 hour on-call crisis intervention seven days per week.
Master of Social Work: advanced standing clinical program.
President of the MSW Student Organization 2002-2003.
Completion of 40 hours of Multi-Systemic Therapy training
Bachelor of Social Work: generalist program.
Cultural Anthropology Minor: cultural diversity emphasis.
Completion of diverse continuing education units.
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES
XYZ Hospice Care; Girl Scouts of America Troop Leader; ABC Hopsital; American Red Cross; PQW Hospital; RST Foundation.