Stars and Spinach Soup
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
1 can (46 oz.) chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1 cup Ronzoni acini di pepe or pastina, uncooked
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
Salt to taste
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot butter and olive oil until tender but not browned.
- Add wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, pepper, and pepper flakes; simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt, if desired.
- Soups/Stews, Pasta/Noodle