Sticky Toffee Pudding
We get a lot of our recipes from the BBC food page and heres one of them!
150g/5oz dates, stones removed, chopped
250ml/9fl oz hot water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
60g/2¼ oz butter, softened
60g/2¼ oz caster sugar
2 free-range eggs
150g/5oz self-raising flour
For the toffee sauce
400g/14oz brown sugar
vanilla pod, split
250ml/9fl oz double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/370F/Gas 4.
2. Mix the dates, bicarbonate of soda and the water together in a bowl and leave to soak for ten minutes.
3. In a clean bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Still stirring the butter mixture, gradually add the eggs, making sure they are well mixed in.
5. Still stirring, gradually add the flour, then add the date mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a 20cm/8in square cake tin. Place into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a thick bottomed pan over a medium heat.
8. Add the brown sugar, vanilla pod and cream and stir well. Simmer for five minutes.
9. To serve, spoon out a portion of the pudding onto a plate and pour over the hot toffee sauce.
- Puddings/Mousse, Desserts