Sweet Potato Carob Chip Cookies
These soft cookies are perfectly sweet, light and healthy [high fiber and healthy fats]! Take one bite will have carob and sweet potato dancing in your mouth with soft tones of pecan. Ooh they are delicious!
* 1 cup almond flour
* 1/4 cup ground flax
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt
* 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
* pinch ground nutmeg
* 3 tbsp coconut oil
* 1/4 cup coconut sugar aka palm sugar -- brown sugar or sucanat would work too
* 1 large egg or egg replacement [1 tbsp freshly ground flax with 3 tbsp water]
* 1/4 cup sweet potato puree, cooked [skin removed]
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
* 1/2 cup unsweetened carob chips
* 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- To cook your sweet potato, preheat oven to 375F and place a small sweet potato on a cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool before removing skin and mashing.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, followed by sweet potato puree and vanilla extract. Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture, then mix in the quinoa flakes. Stir only until everything is just combined. Fold in the carob chips and pecans.
- Roll dough into golf ball sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 min, or until golden [mine took 14 minutes].
- Let cool on sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Desserts, Cookies