You start with rum, add equal parts cranberry and pineapple juice, and top it off with a splash of grenadine, a blood-red pomegranate syrup that intensifies the color of the cocktail.
- 1 to 2 ounces (1/8 to 1/4 cup) spiced rum
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) cranberry or pomegranate juice
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) pineapple juice
- Splash of grenadine syrup
- Pour the rum, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and grenadine in an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake like hell.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes.