2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
3 tsp. chili power, divided
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 can (8 oz.) low sodium tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. water
½ tsp. hot pepper sauce
8 (8-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
dash of salt
1. In a large skillet combine spinach, mushrooms, beans, 2 tsp. chili powder and red pepper flakes over medium heat.
2. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
3. Combine tomato sauce, water, remaining 1 tsp. Chili powder and pepper sauce in a pie pan. Stir.
4. Dip tortillas into tomato sauce mixture and stack on wax paper.
5. Divide spinach filling into 8 portions. Spoon onto centers of tortillas.
6. Roll up and place tortillas in microwavable dish.
7. Spread tomato mixture over enchiladas.
8. Cover dish with vented plastic wrap. Microwave at medium for about 10 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave at Medium for about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings. Per Serving: Calories 385, Total Fat 11g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 741mg, Carbohydrates 55g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 22g.
***Edit*** Let's not use bagged spinach for a while. Stick with the frozen. Just drain it good.