Virgin Strawberry Bellinis
14 ounces fresh strawberries
6 ounces water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
3 ounces chilled sparkling apple cider
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil 14 ounces of hulled fresh strawberries, 6 ounces of water and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Stir in 1 1/2 ounces of fresh lemon juice.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth; strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour 1 ounce of the strawberry puree into each of 5 flutes and top with 3 ounces of chilled sparkling apple cider.