What's for dinner?
Since it was a holiday weekend, there's only one thing left to do. Grill, right? So here's what we had on this fine Columbus Day. Grilled Turkey Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries. Not *as* fattening as possible, but gotta live a little, right?
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
A little shake of bread crumbs
1. In a large bowl, mix the turkey with the onion soup mix, soy sauce, and bread
crumbs Refrigerate the mixture about 10 minutes, then form into 4 patties.
2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the patties on the grill. Cook for 20 minutes, turning once, or until well done. The inside of the burgers will look whitish in color when cooked through. Serve on buns.
(this original recipe is from Allrecipes.com. Just type in 'Seasoned Turkey Burgers'. I just did it *my* way, the better way -of course.
Sweet Potato Fries
As much cinnamon as you want
A little sprinkle of sugar
1. Cut potatoes into thin fries.
2. Roll fries with olive oil, cinnamon, and sugar.
3. Using a no-stick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet coated with a no- stick spray, spread potatoes in a single layer. Bake at 450 degrees 30-35 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp and browned. Serves 4.