Your Step-by-Step (and Stress-Free!) Guide to Planning a Baby Shower
If you're the generous friend or relative who has taken the lead on planning a baby shower for your favorite mom-to-be, we salute you! It may seem like a lot of work, but the benefits of seeing her showered with love and support for her new addition will far outweigh the burden. Follow our three-part guide for an organized, low-stress approach to baby shower success.
Get Started: Consult the Guest of Honor
- Establish the kind of shower she'd like and dates she'd be available.
- Be clear on how involved she wants to be. Find out whether she'd prefer that you share all the details or be surprised.
- Request a guest list.
- Find out where she's registered (and if she's not yet, let her know this would be a good time to come up with a list!).
Buckle Down: It's Time to Get Planning
- Choose and confirm a venue.
- Order or print out invitations.
- Mail out invitations (four weeks is a good amount of lead time).
- Decide on what type of food will be served, and make necessary preparations.
- Will you have a cake? Determine who's going to make it or where you're going to order it from.
- Will there be favors? If so, purchase and package those.
- Decide on and purchase necessary decor and floral arrangements.
- Plan out the "run of show." Will there be games? Will she open gifts?
Your Day-Of Responsibilities
- If your event is at an outside venue (as opposed to your home), arrive an hour early to ensure that everything is as you expected it to be.
- Greet guests as they arrive.
- Keep a list of gifts received for the mom-to-be.
- Take lots of photos!
Source: Carly Taylor Photography