A different smokey eye (by request)
I was asked to show a picture of a different type of smokey eye, the normal smokey eye is starting to bore her and she wanted something new. Also she's pretty good with makeup so no in between pictures today (which is handy because I'm still searching for time).
Soooo I came up with this eye:
Products in this picture:
- Smashbox, Hybrid 2 in 1 - Luminizing Primer
- Smashbox, High Definition Healthy FX Foundation - Light L3
- Smashbox, Travel Foundation Brush
- Make Up For Ever, High Definition Powder
- Sephora Professionell Brand, Mineral Powder Brush - no. 45
- Smashbox, Camera Ready Concealer - 3.0 & 2.0
- Smashbox, Concealer Brush - no. 4
- Smashbox, Photo Op - Under Eye Brightener
- Urban Decay, Eye Shadow Primer Potion
- Benefit, High Brow - Highlighter Pencil
- Givenchy, Prismissime Mat & Glow - Limited Edition 72 Sunny
- Smashbox, Feather Brush - no. 22
- Smashbox, Lip & Lid primer (using the lip side only)
- Smashbox, Wicked Lovely Lipgloss - Coy
- Urban Decay, Matte Eyeshadow - Naked
- Sephora Professionnel Brand, All Over Shadow Brush - no. 21
- Urban Decay, DeLuxe Shadow - Adore (electric blue - Item # 36550)
- Smashbox, Definer Brush - no. 15
- Urban Decay, DeLuxe Shadow Box - Peace (shimmering turquoise - Item # 36570) & Graffiti (bright green - Item # 36590)
- Smashbox, Eyeshadow - Digital
- Urban Decay, Skull Box - Twice Baked (brownie brown w/ gold glitter - Item # 36490)
- Smashbox, Shadow Brush, no. 26
- Make Up For Ever, Waterproof Eyeliner - Aqua Eyes
- Sephora, Eyelash Curler
- Dior, Diorshow - 090 Black
Here's a quick step by step way to do this makeup.
To give my face a base coat I used the Hybrid 2 in 1 Luminizing Primer over my moisturizer (except on my eyes) using my fingers to "massage" it into the face. Over this I took a little High Definition Healthy FX Foundation with my trusting Travel Foundation Brush. I took the Camera Ready Concealer in 3.0 in my inner corner and the 2.0 on the outer corner of the black circles and used the no. 4 Concealer Brush to blend. To set the makeup I took up the Mineral Powder Brush to buff the High Definition Powder into the makeup. This powder means the concealer won't run into the fine lines under my eyes and that's why I love it! Over this I took some of the Photo Op to keep the brightening effect to a max.
On my eyes I used Primer Potion as a base for the eye colours and for once used the HighBrow over this. It does make the blending harder, I usually do it before but I forgot to do it before.
I gave my face a healthy glow with Prismissime Mat & Glow and the no. 22 Feather brush to make it more natural.
At this point I took up Naked with the All Over Shadow Brush to give the eyelid a little more of a neutral base colour. On the outer corner of my eye (a little over the crease) I placed Adore which is a very rich blue, I also took this colour on the outer corner of my lower lash line, for this I used the no. 15 Definer Brush.
On the rest of the lower lash line I used Peace (again with the Definer Brush) and I blended Peace with the Adore on the eyelid as well, taking it in just up to the inner corner and into the crease. On the inner corner I placed Graffiti and blended this into the Peace on the top and lower lash line with the Definer Brush.
Because Peace is a satin sheen colour and I needed more of a pop (the girl I'm doing this for has a much darker skin tone then I have) I used Digital which has more sparkle in the centre of the eyelid to add some popping power.
Now here comes the "difference", I didn't smoke up the previous colours that much, that smoking will be done with a different colour, a more natural but still dark brown colour. I chose Twice Baked and blended this into the Adore, Peace and Digital in and over the crease. I used the no. 26 Shadow brush because this is a very fluffy brush and that means it blends very well.
To make the white of the eyes look even more white I took Aqua Eyes on my waterlines.
I curled my lashes and used Diorshow in black as a mascara.
Because the eyes are very powerful I chose a softer lip colour. I used the lip side of the Smashbox Lip&Lid primer and used my latest addition to my Smashbox collection, the Wicked Lovely Lipgloss in Coy as a lip colour.