gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookie cake
Everyone loves cookie cake right?
We have a chocolate chip cookie cake that is not only gluten free but egg and dairy free too. It is full of flavor with a great soft cake like texture.
Plus a 3 ingredient coconut frosting that is too good not to try.
prep-time: 10 minutes
bake-time: about 20 minutes
makes one 8 or 9 inch circle cake (we did ours in a springform pan so easy to take out)
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (or any flour blend of your liking gluten free or not)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or could do almond meal or more flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flax meal with 6 tablespoons water (makes 2 flax gels, or you can do 2 eggs)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sucanat sugar (or coconut sugar or xylitol)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or applesauce, yogurt, sweet potato puree)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
First make your flax gel before getting other ingredients. Place your 2 tablespoons flax meal into a bowl along with 6 tablespoons water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees.
While the flax gel is in the works grab another bowl to place all your other wet ingredients into, from you agave, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree. Stir till combined.
Next add in your flax gel ( or eggs if you would like) and stir.
And then add in your gluten free flour, coconut flour and baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir till combined.
It is a really thick cookie dough cake batter.
We baked ours in a 8 inch circle pan in a 350 degree oven for 20 mins.
3 ingredient coconut frosting:
- 1-2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- about 1/4 warm coconut butter
We did not really measure this out, just scooped out some coconut butter. Warmed it up in the microwave to soften and then mixed in agave and milk to taste and texture. So have fun with it!