The most amazing peanut butter treats
I have been making these for years and people always ask me for the recipe, they are perfect for party's or just because. I make them every year for my dads birthday and he loves it. They taste just like reese's peanut butter cups but a million times better.
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
8 1/2 oz. Smooth peanut butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
And for the chocolate topping:
1 cup dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips (I always use semi sweet but if you want more of a contrast you can try the dark chocolate)
1 tablespoon butter
What to do:
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan. Mix it in a bowl with the brown sugar and peanut butter sift in the confectioner's sugar and mix.
2) Spoon mixture into an 8in square baking pan and spread it out evenly. Press it down with a butter knife.
3) Melt the chocolate and butter in a double broiler until completely melted.
4) Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Let it chill until it has set but is still soft enough to cut.
5) Cut the mixture into squares and remove them from the baking pan, then put them in the refrigerator to finish setting.
makes about 24 squares